About the facility
The Outdoor Recreation Pad was created through the J.L. Scott McLean Legacy Fund. Scott was heavily involved in community activities, and coached both hockey and baseball. The facility was donated to the Town of Tillsonburg in 2019.
- Ice surface (60' x 120')
- Skating in winter and basketball in warm weather
The outdoor ice surface is typically in operation from December to March, depending on weather conditions.
- Open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (weather permitting)**
Odd Calendar Dates = Hockey/Ringette play allowed (i.e. sticks)
Even Calendar Dates = Skating only (i.e. no sticks or gameplay)
**RED FLAGS mean the rink is closed for maintenance or has unsafe ice conditions. If a red flag is flying, please remain off the ice until the flag has been removed.
Ice Rink Rules
For the enjoyment of all participants, please respect the following guidelines. The Town of Tillsonburg reserves the right to refuse service to anyone found in violation of these guidelines.
- Use this ice rink at your own risk
- This is an unsupervised skating rink, there is no staff supervision at any time
- Do not use the facility when red flags indicate that the recreation pad is closed
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited
- All skaters must skate in the same direction during skating-only days
- CSA-approved helmets and protective equipment are strongly recommended
- All persons on the ice must wear skates
- Profanity and abusive language are not permitted
- Sticks and pucks/rings are not allowed on skating only days
- Skate guards are strongly recommended for off ice
The following is prohibited from ice surface:
- Smoking and vaping
- Boots and shoes
- Food and drink
- Cell phones and electronic devices
- Chairs and strollers
- Carrying children while on ice
- Body contact or checking
- Speed or advanced figure skating
- Slap shots
Call 519-688-9011 to report vandalism or violation of the above rules.