Safety and Swim Standards>
Swim standards for children
Our facility uses a coloured banding system to identify at-risk swimmers, and ensure adequate supervision ratios. If you are bringing children with you, please review the supervision requirements carefully before you arrive to avoid disappointment.
Ages 5 and under
Children will receive a RED BAND and must be within arm's reach of a guardian (12 years or older) at all times, regardless of swimming ability.
- Children under the age of 5 may not be admitted to the swimming pool unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian
- One guardian will be required for every two children (1:2)
Ages 6 to 9
Children must complete a Facility Swim Test. If they do not pass, they must stay within arm's reach of the guardian and wear a red band.
- One guardian will be required for every four children (1:4)
- One guardian may supervise up to eight children (1:8) wearing lifejackets
Facility swim test
To pass the facility swim test, children must swim two widths of the pool, face in the water, without stopping while demonstrating a regular breathing pattern. If completed successfully the swimmer will receive a green band which allows them to swim independently of their guardian (12 years and older).
Other health and safety considerations
Maintaining a safe, clean facility is our top priority.
- Trained lifeguards are on duty at all times
- First-aid station and AED on site
- Life jackets are available
Here's how you can help us keep Lake Lisgar Waterpark enjoyable for everyone.
- No smoking is permitted inside Lake Lisgar Waterpark at any time
- Take a thorough shower before entering or re-entering the pool
- Use a swim diaper for children who are not potty trained.
- Do not come to the pool if you are not feeling well
- Do not spit, spout water or otherwise pollute the pool or deck
- Do not bring any glass bottles or containers into the park
- Do not bring pets to the Waterpark - service animals welcome
- Tell staff if you notice an area that needs attention (garbage, washrooms etc.)
View a complete list of applicable provincial health regulations.
The R Zone is a ZERO tolerance policy that applies to all Town of Tillsonburg buildings, facilities, programs, parks and trails. The goal of this policy is to promote a positive, safe and supportive environment for all members of the public and staff.
This policy enforces ZERO tolerance of:
- Inappropriate Language
- Drugs & Alcohol
For more information on the R Zone Policy, call 519-688-9011 or email email@example.com.