- The Tillsonburg Transfer Station may be used by all County of Oxford residents. Be prepared to show proof of residency.
- An attendant will review your load when you arrive to ensure the eligibility of your materials. Unsafe loads will be will be rejected. For more information on acceptable items visit www.wasteline.ca
- If your items are not accepted by the attendant, you must take them home with you.
- You must unload your items. The facility is use-at-your-own-risk and the County of Oxford is not responsible for vehicle damage.
- Scavenging /removing items from collection areas is not allowed.
The following fees apply to use the Tillsonburg Transfer Station for disposal of large items and loads consisting of construction and demolition materials. Fees subject to change. Please refer to Oxford County’s Fees and Charges By-law for details at www.oxfordcounty.ca
|Vehicle Type||Large Items||Construction & Demolition Materials|
|Passenger Vehicle + trailer||$22||$37|
|Pickup Truck + trailer||$45||$112|
There is no fee to recycle the following items at the facility:
- bulky styrofoam
- film plastics
Only large items are accepted at the Transfer Station. If your item can be broken down into pieces and put in a garbage bag, it should be disposed during weekly curbside garbage collection.
- Household and Outdoor Furniture
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Large Appliances
- Refrigerators and Freezers (no freon)
- Scrap Metal
- Pool Covers & Filters (no sand)
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Rain Barrels
- Large Toys
- Water Softeners
Construction and Demolition Materials
- Wooden Deck Material
- Construction Lumber
- Carpeting and Flooring
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Porcelain (ie. tile, sinks, tubs, toilets)
- Windows and Doors
- Asphalt, Concrete and Masonry
Visit our Hazardous Household Materials page to learn about disposal options for paint, solvents etc.
The Large Item Depot has separate collection areas for different types of materials. Avoid delays by organizing and grouping similar item types together before you arrive.
- Large items (furniture, mattresses etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Renovation material
NEW! View information on the free Large Item Collection Program in Tillsonburg.
- Grass Clippings
- House and Garden Plants
- Brush (less than 1.8m long and 10cm in diameter)
- Christmas Trees (no tinsel)
- Plastic Bags (compostable or plastic)
- Old Fencing
- Hazardous Waste
The Yard Waste Depot consists of one large area where residents can dump their yard waste. Ensure your load consists of acceptable items. Illegal dumping charges will apply for prohibited materials.
Tillsonburg Transfer Station>
- 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (April to September)
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (October to March)
Large Item Depot Hours
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Holidays - Closed
50 Newell Road